Recipe by BFit4U
This is oober easy and comes out delicious every single time! I love my crockpot and this is one of the recipes/reasons why. The idea here is very tender meat, chunks of mushrooms all served over egg noodles. A salad would add color and round out the meal.
Top Review by PanNan
Wow! This roast has great flavor! It's one of the best pot roasts I've made. I used a 4 1/2 pound chuck roast and kept it on low for about 10 hours while I was at work. It was just right. Tender, but it still had some texture to be able to slice it. The mushroomy sauce was outstanding. Thanks for sharing this winner. (10/28/08) Updated: I see the stars didn't post in my October review, so I'm adding them here. Absolutely a 5 star recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons McCormick grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, cut in 1/2
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet on medium high.
- Combine flour and grill seasoning in a large bowl.
- Coat Chuck Roast with flour mixture, shake off any excess.
- Place Chuck Roast in skillet and sear/brown all 4 sides, 3 minutes each side.
- While meat is searing: Mix Lipton Onion soup mix, mushrooms, onion and chicken broth (or water) in the crockpot. This will become the gravy of the dish. It does not look like much now, but the water from the mushrooms and cooking process WILL make a nice gravy!
- When Chuck Roast is seared/browned on all sides add to crockpot and coat with the mushroom mixture.
- Set crockpot to low for 6 hours. I would not recommend doing this on high for half the time. It does not come out as tender.