Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You will not be able to stop eating this once you start. Prepare to do yourself in! It is great for kids and parties because the popcorn has no hulls. The coating is so yummy! It is super easy to make!
- 2 (8 ounce) bags corn puffs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oleo
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine oleo, sugar and corn syrup in a heavy saucepan.
- Boil 5 minutes while carefully stirring.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour puffed corn onto a jellyroll pan and pour caramel mixture over the corn. Toss carefully to coat. It may take 2 pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees for one hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before eating. Will keep in an airtight container for a week or so.