Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this but couldn't resist posting when I came across it. I'm guessing at servings and times as nothing was given in this respect. Good Luck.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup broken pecans
- Stir sugar, coffee, butter, salt and cream of tarter over low heat until sugar is dissolved, then boil quickly, stirring constantly to the soft ball stage (when syrup can be gathered up in the fingers into a soft ball that will almost shape).
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add almond extract and beat until candy begins to harden.
- Add pecans and pour candy onto an oiled platter.
- Cut into squares and let harden. Enjoy!
For coffee lovers only! I would suggest only using a high quality coffee here. The consistency of this was more like caramel than fudge, but I really liked the flavor! Thank you!