Recipe by grumpy adams
This was on Good Morning America by Chef and author Stephen Bruce in honor of his business turning 50! This is wonderful! Enjoy. This desert makes 2 to 21/2 cups, enough for 1 to 8 guests
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) chocolate pieces, variety of your favorites
- 2 teaspoons store bought hot chocolate powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 cups ice
- chocolate shavings
- 1 cup heavy cream (very cold)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until melted.
- Add the cocoa and sugar, stirring constantly until thoroughly blended.
- Remove from heat and slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk and stir until smooth.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a blender place the remaining cup of milk, the room temperature chocolate mixture, and the ice.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and the consistency of a frozen daiquiri, pour into a giant goblet and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Whipped cream: Combine the cream and the vanilla and mix well with an electric mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Start whipping the cream on medium speed.
- Add the corn syrup slowly while beating.
- Whip until the cream holds soft peaks.
- Slather, drop and dollop onto whatever your heart desires.
- Enjoy with a straw or a spoon!
- Prep and cooking time are my guess.