Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Beth Hensperger; dense and nutty
1 1/2 lb loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup medium rye flour or 1⁄2 cup dark rye flour
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast)
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Whole Wheat cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.