Semolina with Apples and Caramel
- Peel and cut the apples in half.
- Remove the core and seeds with a pointed knife. Melt 40 g of the butter in a frying pan and cook the apples for 10 minutes over a low heat. When they are cooked, arrange them in a dish and put to one side. Add 250 g of the sugar to the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
- Add the semolina gradually, stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps forming.
- Add 30 g of the butter in small pieces, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the still fairly liquid semolina over the apples and allow to cool.
- Make a caramel sauce by melting 50 g sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a small saucepan, and cooking until the mixture darkens.
- Pour the caramel over the cool semolina, make a few swirls in it with a fork, and serve. Alan Hewitt The UK Recipe Archive recipes on-line in Mastercookand Mealmaster formats.
- To download go to - http://ukrecipes.co.uk/