Recipe by luvcook'n
I got this recipe from an Austrian Cookbook that I borrowed from a friend. Her husband is Austrian and he likes this version. This goes very well with Chicken Paprika.
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut rolls into small cubes.
- Chop onion and parsley and fry them with the rolls. Remove from heat and put in bowl big enough to hold all ingredients.
- Whisk egg and salt together. Then pour on the rolls and allow to soak for a few minutes. Add milk as required, mix well. Dumplings should hold together well. If not adjust either the flour or the milk.
- Shape into dumplings.
- Try one in boiling salted water first, just to see if it holds together.
- Cook all dumplings. They are done when they float to the surface.