Recipe by Pets'R'us
Lovely pudding if you like them saucy! So far mine has not bubbled over, but I always use a foil lined tray just in case. There is nothing worse that trying to remove burned sugar from your oven.
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- butter, for greasing the dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the condensed milk in a saucepan, stir on medium heat for about ten minutes, it should slightly thicken and turn a light golden brown, take off the heat.
- Stir in the butter until melted, then add the milk and the vanilla essence.
- Let it cool until it is warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour in a bowl, combine with the hazelnuts.
- When the milk mixture is cool enough, blend it with the flour/hazelnut mix, I use a whisk to get it as lump free as possible.
- Pour this in a greased, 8-cup capacity not too shallow dish, sift over the brown sugar, for the last bits and lumps I use a small ladle/spoon to push the sugar through, remove any sugar on the rim.
- Carefully pour the boiling water evenly over the pudding, put on a foil lined baking tray and bake for approx 35 minutes or until firm.
- Let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes before you serve it, looks pretty dusted with icing sugar.