1 hr 15 mins
Lovely pudding if you like them saucy! So far mine has not bubbled over, but I always use a foil lined tray just in case. There is nothing worse that trying to remove burned sugar from your oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the condensed milk in a saucepan, stir on medium heat for about ten minutes, it should slightly thicken and turn a light golden brown, take off the heat.
- 2Stir in the butter until melted, then add the milk and the vanilla essence.
- 3Let it cool until it is warm.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Sift the flour in a bowl, combine with the hazelnuts.
- 6When the milk mixture is cool enough, blend it with the flour/hazelnut mix, I use a whisk to get it as lump free as possible.
- 7Pour this in a greased, 8-cup capacity not too shallow dish, sift over the brown sugar, for the last bits and lumps I use a small ladle/spoon to push the sugar through, remove any sugar on the rim.
- 8Carefully pour the boiling water evenly over the pudding, put on a foil lined baking tray and bake for approx 35 minutes or until firm.
- 9Let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes before you serve it, looks pretty dusted with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Self-Saucing Butterscotch Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.7
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 339.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 72.1 g
- Protein 8.1 g