Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
Lovely pudding if you like them saucy! So far mine has not bubbled over, but I always use a foil lined tray just in case. There is nothing worse that trying to remove burned sugar from your oven.
- 1 (400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄3 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- butter, for greasing the dish
- Put the condensed milk in a saucepan, stir on medium heat for about ten minutes, it should slightly thicken and turn a light golden brown, take off the heat.
- Stir in the butter until melted, then add the milk and the vanilla essence.
- Let it cool until it is warm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift the flour in a bowl, combine with the hazelnuts.
- When the milk mixture is cool enough, blend it with the flour/hazelnut mix, I use a whisk to get it as lump free as possible.
- Pour this in a greased, 8-cup capacity not too shallow dish, sift over the brown sugar, for the last bits and lumps I use a small ladle/spoon to push the sugar through, remove any sugar on the rim.
- Carefully pour the boiling water evenly over the pudding, put on a foil lined baking tray and bake for approx 35 minutes or until firm.
- Let it stand for 5 to 10 minutes before you serve it, looks pretty dusted with icing sugar.
Delicious! Perfect amount of sauce. Goes well with icecream.
very easy to make. very delicious to eat. uses some of my lovely easy ingredients, condensed milk and self rising flour. we enjoyed this recipe and will continue to make this and think of Pets"R"us with love and sadness when we make and enjoy this recipe.
HHHHMMMMMMMM!! Delish! Made this last night. Very easy! Remember to stiry condensed milk while heating, as mine started to stick to bottom of saucepan a bit, and I didn't use quite as much brown sugar on top, as it seemed to be heaps - I probably used about 3/4 cup. Highly recommend, the kids are begging me to make it again, and dinner guest wants the recipe :)