Recipe by MizzNezz
Found this on the net at CopyKat recipes. I don't know if it's like See's, because I've never had See's. But I do know it's good!
Top Review by ltolin
A couple of cautions/warnings. Very important when cooking mixture on stove to use a very large saucepan as mixture more than doubles in size. Cook mixture for AT LEAST 6 minutes. That is the key to having your fudge firm up nicely. Also, use a stand mixer. Have mixer running at slow speed and pour hot mixture in a slow stream into butter, choc. chip and vanilla. That way, there is no splatter. If you double this recipe, it fits nicely in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Lining pan with foil enables you to lift fudge from pan once it has cooled. Trust me, I've made this recipe alot.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 3⁄4 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put butter, chocolate and vanilla in medium bowl.
- In med saucepan, mix sugar, milk and marshmallows.
- Bring to a boil over med heat, stirring.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour hot mixture over chocolate in bowl.
- Beat with mixer until thick and dull, (this doesn't take long).
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into buttered 8x8 pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.