Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These cookies represent the true fall nature. They are soft, chewy and full of apples and cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (at room temp)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 chopped apple
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 -4 tablespoons apple juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- blend butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Then add the egg and apple juice and blend.
- Finally mix in the rest of the ingredients(except apples and nuts).
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Bake 12-14 min at 350* on an unsprayed cookie sheet.
- Stir all frosting ingredients together and once the cookies are cooled, frost them.
These cookies were very good. I left out the walnuts because I don't like them. I thought the frosting was too thick. The consistency was not at all what I expected, and there was too much of a vanilla flavor in it. I liked the cookies better without the frosting. But, I would make these again. Not the frosting, though.
Exceptional, I made mine in the processor,the only thing I changed was I did 1/4 cup of brown rice flour as I am trying to cut the gluten down for my children. Great recipe, will definitely make over and over again,Thanks for posting.
These are delicious. Very simple to make. True Texan that I am, I used pecans instead of walnuts. They absolutely do not need any frosting in my opinion. So good with a mocha latte!