Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
A recipe from Taste of Home that I made yesterday for breakfast. I loved it.
- 4 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced (I used fresh chives)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (I omitted it)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (I used pam)
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites and eggs.
- Stir in the salad dressing, mustard, parsley and garlic powder.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook egg mixture in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are almost set.
- Stir in cheese.
- Cook for 1 minute longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately.
I used 2 whole eggs (cut the recipe back for one serving) & fresh herbs served with Garlic Ricotta stuffed mushrooms. Lovely Sunday Brunch
Made for a lovely brekky with some wholegrain toast..I used an Australian mustard and the last of my ranch dressing mixed with a little cream to make up the full amount. These were very tasty and much enjoyed. thanks for posting!
I made this as one serve for the DM as a light dinner (as she wasn't feeling the best, using 2 small eggs and 1 large egg white) and served with some wholemeal/wholegrain toast and rindless very little fat bacon (roasted in the oven). I didn't add the parsley as I knew there could be a possibility she wouldn't eat it in her present state. When cooking I used a spray of canola oil and also in the mix used dijon and jarlsberg cheese as that it what I had but at the end of the day the DM gobbled up the lot and thoroughly enjoyed, thank you Boomette, made for Potluck Tag.