Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and quick seasoning mix for noodles. Goes well with any meat, especially chicken. Makes:3 batches; 4 servings per batch
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- In a bowl, combine bouillon, parsley, onion and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container in a dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare noodles: Place noodles in a greased 1-qt.
- baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Add water and 5 tsp.
- seasoning mix.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes; stir.
- Cover and bake 5 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Very Easy. What we enjoyed the most was the light taste. Not the normal heavy pasta.
Very good & very easy. A real keeper.
Yum! I picked this recipe because it's a simple side dish that bakes alongside the main dish. My kids don't like pieces of anything in their pasta, so I didn't think they'd even try it. Suprise! They gobbled it down! I made an 8 serving batch in a two quart casserole. No need to boil the noodles, so this is very quick to fix. So easy, I really don't see the need in premixing the seasoning mix. I used regular egg noodles but can't wait to try whole wheat. The result is similar to those boxed creamy noodle dishes from the grocery store, but notably missing are all of the strange ingredients and preservatives. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks, Chris, for another great recipe!