1/1 Photo of Seasoned Chicken in a Light Wine Sauce
This is a healthy way to add a little flavor to chicken without all the fat, and just a little salt. You can substitute or add any vegetable that sautes well if you don't like onions, but the mushrooms are a must. Pairs well with steamed veggies and/or rice. You could add a little cornstarch slurry while the liquid reduces to help thicken the sauce, but I like to keep it on the light side. Using a lid on the non-stick skillet is a key step to the recipe. It keeps the Chicken from drying out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tenderize and pound out the chicken to an even thickness
- 2Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil.
- 3Sprinkle both sides of chicken with Mrs. Dash.
- 4To a heated non-stick skillet over medium heat add the seasoned chicken to one side, and the Mushrooms and onions to the other.
- 5Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- 6Turn Chicken over, cover with lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until done.
- 7Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- 8To the mushrooms and onions add the water, wine, salt, and pepper.
- 9Keep uncovered and reduce liquid/mushroom mixture over high heat until it thickens.
- 10Serve mushrooms and onions over chicken and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seasoned Chicken in a Light Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.4
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 387.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning