Moroccan Seasoned Chicken With Pine Nut Couscous
Quick and easy chicken dinner made on the stove top.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons (1 thinly sliced, the other juiced)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup large green olives
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin and cinnamon; add chicken and toss.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and lemon slices; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, olives, and lemon juice; scrape brown bits from bottom of pan, remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining chicken stock and butter in a medium saucepan until boiling; stir in couscous, cover, and turn off the heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in pine nuts.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the couscous and sprinkle with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation