Recipe by seashells63
This is the only recipe I use to make ribs. It is simple and the meat just falls of the bone. Everyone loved them. Tender, full of flavor and they weren't greasy.
Top Review by mdumes
YUM! Very clean plates at our house tonight! We used Kraft Bullseye Bold Original BBQ sauce, but didn't have the liquid smoke (which would have made it even better!) I found the time was a little off, and I cooked them on high for 6 hours and they were fall off the bone ready! (I put them in the sauce for another hour after that on low). The kids liked them and my husband and I LOVED them! Easy, tasty and delicious. (Oh, and we used pork back ribs).
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork back ribs or 3 1⁄2 lbs beef ribs
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cola
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce, your favorite
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, pepper, liquid smoke and garlic.
- Rub mixture into ribs.
- Cut ribs into 4 inch pieces.
- Layer ribs and onion in crock pot.
- Pour cola over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until tender.
- Remove ribs from pot.
- Drain and discard liquid.
- Pour BBQ sauce into shallow bowl.
- Dip ribs into sauce.
- Place ribs in crock pot
- Pour any remaining sauce over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting one more hour.