Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Shrimp and endive salad
- 12 ounces uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped tarragon or 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- To make the shrimp salad: toss shrimp with 3 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a large bowl to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy large non stick skillet over medium high heat. Saute shrimp untill they are just cooked through or pink, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Cool completely. Cut shrimp into small cubes.
- To make the parsley sauce: Blend the parsley, sour cream, yogurt, and remaining lime juice in a food processor until the parsley is finely chopped . Season the sauce, to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss shrimp with chives, tarragon, capers, and remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large bowl. season the salad, to taste with salt and pepper. And then place on the endive leaves.
This is a Giada De Laurentiis Recipe. It is wonderful!!! A nice different treat for holiday get togethers. The parsley sauce is my favorite part.