Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cooking Light; no need to toast the sesame seeds. They brown in the skillet while the tuna cooks.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) bluefin tuna steaks (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Bring 1 cup water and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil in a saucepan; gradually stir in couscous; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
- While the couscous stands, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, sesame seeds, flour, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dredge both sides of tuna steaks in sesame seed mixture.
- Add fish to pan and cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
- While fish cooks, combine orange juice and the next 5 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil over med-high heat.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water with cornstarch, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the pan; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring often.
- Serve fish with couscous and sauce.