Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great appetizer with island inspiration.
Make and share this Seared Scallops With Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- Season scallops with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- In a hot pan (I prefer cast iron) add oil. When the oil starts to smoke add scallops and watch closely to make sure its not too hot.
- Sear the scallops until golden brown on both sides, but only flip once.
- Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Next add the chopped garlic and cook for just a minute or two, then add the wine.
- The garlic and wine should start to simmer, continue this until its reduced.
- Then add the pineapple and stir around to coat.
- Pour it all over the scallops and garnish. Serve immediately.
- For the wine I prefer to use Alice White Lexia, its smooth and has more of a fruity flavor.
This recipe was quite nice! I thought the savoury flavour of the scallops fit quite nicely with the natural sweetness of the pineapple. Very fast to make and very satisfying. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
Went camping and caught our own Scallops, then all families had to do scallops a different way and this was voted second over all out of six.
I've never made scallops before, but I've loved them each time I've had them at restaurants. This recipe sounds perfect for me for my first attempt at cooking scallops. The reason I'm choosing this recipe over the others on this site is because I like all the ingredients and it seems pretty easy. Something I can manage to do without a catastrophy! I'll update this post after I make them to let you know how they turned out for me. Thank you!