Recipe by Chef Hawgwild
This is a great appetizer with island inspiration.
Top Review by Lazarus
This recipe was quite nice! I thought the savoury flavour of the scallops fit quite nicely with the natural sweetness of the pineapple. Very fast to make and very satisfying. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season scallops with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- In a hot pan (I prefer cast iron) add oil. When the oil starts to smoke add scallops and watch closely to make sure its not too hot.
- Sear the scallops until golden brown on both sides, but only flip once.
- Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Next add the chopped garlic and cook for just a minute or two, then add the wine.
- The garlic and wine should start to simmer, continue this until its reduced.
- Then add the pineapple and stir around to coat.
- Pour it all over the scallops and garnish. Serve immediately.
- For the wine I prefer to use Alice White Lexia, its smooth and has more of a fruity flavor.