Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy fresh and low carb. You will love this! Buy the freshest salmon and use all the marinade I suggest and you will get a nice explosion of flavor in your mouth! Do enjoy and add whatever veggie you like to the salad! Quick and easy tooo!
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs salmon fillets (cut into 8 fillet slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups grapes, washed and sliced
- 8 cups baby greens, washed and dried
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Place all marinade ingredients in large zip lock bag and mix.
- Add fillets and toss to coat. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare dressing by mixing all dressing ingredients together. Chill.
- Heat grill pan and large wok or large pan to medium high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade.
- In heated non stick pour oil just to cover lightly the bottom of the pan.
- Pan sear salmon 2 minutes.
- Flip salmon and cook till desired.
- Toss greens and grapes together with 1/3 of the dressing. Place salmon on top and garnish with seeds and scallions.
- Pour remaining dressing in a small bowl and pass if more is desired.
This was excellent! I didn't add quite as much cayenne as the recipe called for (I'm feeling a toddler too :) And I cooked the fish for 5 minutes skin side up, then finished in the oven on a piece of foil so the skin would stay with the foil (350 for 15 min). It worked great. Excellent flavor. I'll definitely make this one again!
Great-tasting salmon. Great-tasting salad. This was just a very delcious, healthy meal. I scaled this down to two for just my husband and myself and it was a big hit. The salmon marinade is extremely flavourful and also glazes beautifully on the salmon as it sears. The salad dressing is also tasty and complements both salmon and greens. It was a pleasure to eat so lightly, and so well.