Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious and different pairing for this favorite fish. Add pasta or rice for a complete meal. From Nov. 2005 Cooking Light.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup leek, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- cooking spray
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Heat butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leek; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add water and peas; cook 5 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Place pea mixture in a food processor.
- Add basil, juice, and tarragon; process until smooth, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; keep warm.
- Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add salmon, skin side down, and cook for 6 minutes or until golden.
- Turn, and cook for 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- Serve salmon over warm mashed peas. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
I made this the other day after seeing it on the Cooking Light website. It turned out so delicious and beautiful! I couldn't find fresh tarragon so I used fresh thyme instead and it tasted great. Highly recommended!