1/1 Photo of Seared Chicken With Smashed Potatoes & Herbed Pan Sauce
From Woman's Day's facebook page -- Rustic, skin-on smashed potatoes offer all the flavor of mashed potatoes, but with much less work, making them ideal for weeknight dinner. They’re also just the thing to soak up all the (irresistible) extra pan sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, add 2 tsp salt, reduce heat and simmer until just tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- 2Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water; drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Gently smash with 1/4 cup of the cooking water (adding more if the potatoes seem very dry).
- 3While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes per side; transfer to plates.
- 4Add the wine to the skillet and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the sour cream, mustard and parsley. Spoon over the potatoes and chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seared Chicken With Smashed Potatoes & Herbed Pan Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 29.2 g