Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 hrs
Fresh tuna, quicky seared, and then marinaded in a piquant sauce. I like to let this chill a few hours before serving, but just 30 minutes will do.
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 16 ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Brush the tuna steaks with oil. Sear over medium high heat, 3 minutes per side. Be sure tuna remains undercooked in the center. Remove from skillet and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine onions, soy sauce, steak sauce, celery seed, hot sauce, vinegar, and corn syrup in a deep glass bowl.
- Slice tuna into 1/2 inch strips. Immerse into the onion mixture, stir.
- Let chill up to 4 hours. Serve as a cold appetizer.