Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
One of Bubba's recipes that is fabulous and by the way it's Paula Dean's brother and a very good cook also.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled deveined
- 1 lb uncooked linguine
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the vodka and reduce the vodka by 1/2. Add the tomatoes,cream,pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Cook stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes or until thick, it will turn reddish orange.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to the package instructions.Do not over cook! Drain and transfer to a large bowl,pour the sauce over the pasta,toss to combine. Serve immediately.