Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try basting prawns or fish with this sauce the next time you BBQ. I've used it on chicken too. There is enough sauce to baste kebobs for 8 depending on the size of your portions or equivalent fish servings
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons sharp mustard or 2 tablespoons hot mustard or 2 tablespoons English mustard or 2 tablespoons Chinese mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted and the mixture is bubbly.
- Whisk smooth, cool to room temperature and set aside until you are ready tpo use it.
I loved the flavor of the sauce! I had intended to use it on some tilapia, but my DH found out the fish came from China and due to the fish being poisoned over there, we decided to not use them. I ended up using the sauce with some Brussel sprouts and they were really good!
Terrific flavor on scallops. I used a whole grain mustard and diced the ginger instead of grating. This was a delightful marinade/sauce for seafood. I marinated the scallops for about one hour in part of the sauce then basted on while cooking. I saved a little sauce on the stove top to pour over finished product. Next time I make I think I will let it reduce down a bit as it was quite watery in consistency; this should help the basting process. Good luck in the BBQ contest:)