1/1 Photo of Scratch Tuna Noodle Casserole
I made this tonight and my extremely picky 3 year old ate three helpings, so I'm posting it because it is solid gold! Use one slice of bread in a food processor to make about 3/4 cup of soft breadcrumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Prepare pasta according to directions. Rinse and set aside.
- 3In the meantime, mix breadcrumbs and 1Tbs butter. Set aside.
- 4Melt remaining 3Tbs butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add onion and carrots. Saute 4-5 minutes until softened.
- 5Add flour and stir while it bubbles. Cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- 6Add milk, water, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring while it thickens. Cook, stirring until it thickens to the correct consistency.
- 7Remove from heat and stir-in tuna.
- 8Mix in noodles and pour everything into a 1.5-2.2 quart glass pan. Crumble breadcrumbs on top.
- 9Cook, uncovered in oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scratch Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.8 mg
- Sodium 372.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.4 g