Recipe by wildheart
This is 'back to the farm' basic. If you were brought up eating scrapple, you will LOVE this.
- 3 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb pork sausage (or a mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain the meat.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour, seasonings, and cold water.
- Pour slowly into the boiling water, stirring with a wire whisk.
- Stir in the meat, once the mix has reached boiling.
- Put the mix into a double boiler and simmer for 2 hours.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Chill 12 hours.
- Slice 1/4- 1/2 inch thick.
- Dip in flour and fry.
- Serve with catsup.