Recipe by Nado2003
This is from Martha Stewart.com. I'm looking for more ways to eat tumeric and greens. Food.com is my recipe keeper. I'm not a fan of tofu but the kids have been asking for 1 day meatless day a week and so here goes...I used kale instead of collards and it was yummy.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ginger (freshly grated)
- 3 collard greens (leaves, stems removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces or kale or chard, about 8 oz)
- 8 ounces firm tofu, drained and crumbled (preferably organic)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion, turmeric, and ginger until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in collard greens and 2 tablespoons water and cook until greens are bright green and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add crumbled tofu and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.