Recipe by MarraMamba
I never knew how great quail eggs were the quail eggs make a very different scrambled egg..creamy, rich, just special. Leave out mushrooms or use different ones, or use green onions or chives.. The thing is to not use something that will overpower their flavor, for this simple dish.
- 5 -10 quail eggs (equals one chicken egg)
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1⁄2 ounce chanterelle mushroom (fresh if possible)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan and saute shallots and chanterelles until soft.
- Whisk quail eggs with cream,pepper and salt. place in pan. Scramble until done to taste.
- While eggs are cooking toast the bread. Not to well done, medium is just about right.
- Place toast on a plate and the scrambled eggs over it, Enjoy.