Prep 4 mins
Cook 6 mins
Spicy egg breakfast. Use mild salsa for the kids and then kick it up for yourself with some Tabasco sauce.
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 ounces Mexican blend cheese
- 4 flour tortillas, heated (7 or 8 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- In medium bowl combine eggs and milk; beat well.
- In medium skillet melt margarine and add egg mixture and cook until eggs are done.
- Stir in cheese.
- To serve, spoon eggs onto warm tortillas.
- Top with salsa, roll up and serve.
Yummy breakfast. I took the advice of other reviewers on adding onions - and added sauteed shallots. We also used more salsa and added some into the eggs.
WOW what a great breakfast with lots of flavour that certainly wakened the taste buds first thing in the morning. As I could not get mexican blend cheese I used a sharp vintage cheddar and added a dash of tobasco sauce to the egg mix (I scaled back for 1 serve). For the tortilla I used a 9 grain wrap bread and a hot salsa and thoroughly enjoyed a simple and quick breakfast. Thank you Charlotte J, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.
I had some tortillas that I needed to use up so I made this for breakfast this weekend. I mixed it all together in the pan and it was delicious!! Thanks for a new breakfast dish.