Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some flour tortillas to use up one day and decided to make some breakfast quesadillas. It's now one of my husband's favorites. I haven't made it for my grandkids yet, but I'll bet they will like it too. I don't always use the bacon, since we also enjoy these tortillas with just the eggs and lots of hot sauce.
- 2 flour tortillas
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 29.58 ml milk
- 1.23 ml hot sauce (I like Chalula brand)
- 2 slice bacon
- 59.14 ml cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel, then crumble. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs adding the milk and hot sauce.
- In another small skillet, heat the butter over medium low heat and when hot, scramble the eggs, cooking until soft and creamy.
- Lay out 1 tortilla. Top with the cooked eggs, the bacon and the cheese.
- Place the second tortilla on top of the filling.
- Reheat the bacon fat in the first skillet over medium heat. Place the filled tortilla in the skillet, cooking for about 1 minute.
- Flip the tortilla with a large spatula and cook the other side until browned and crispy, about 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and cut the tortilla like a pizza into wedges.
- Serve with more hot sauce, or salsa.
I made it for me and DH for breakfast. We loved it. I used spicy buffalo sauce. Thanks Geema :) Made for Alphabet tag game
Yum!!! :) I scaled it down for one, and used one large burrito tortilla (that I folded over as I cooked), 2 eggs, and a handful of monterrey jack cheese. I cooked the bacon on my george foreman grill, so I didn't cook it in the bacon grease, just a pan sprayed with PAM. Very tasty and a filling breakfast! Thank you so much for sharing!
Great! I made this as directed and used a Mexican 4-cheese blend. Served with some salsa and both my grandson and I wolved these down. Thanks Geema for a quick and simple treat. Made for Alphabet Chef Soup Tag.