Gluten Free Mock Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Cream together the butter, white and brown sugar and eggs.
- Sift the dry ingredeints and mix into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the slivered almonds.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased or lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes, until light brown. If you find that your cookie is too thin, add up to 1/4 cup more rice flour to the remaining dough and proceed with step #4.
- Cool slightly, remove to cooling racks.
- This makes a crisp cookie.
- Store in freezer to keep fresh.
- Note: I have a convection oven and am able to do 3 cookies sheets with approximately 45 cookies at a time.
- If you have a regular oven and can only do one cookie sheet it will take you about 80- 90 minutes to bake them all.
- If this is the case you may want to half the recipe.
- I store 1 tin of cookies in the pantry and freeze the rest to keep them fresh.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Amazing! They are great. I am a fairly new celiac so just got brave enough to bake my own stuff. These taste like regular cookies,bet if I don't tell my husband will think "his" cookies not "mine"! I added raisins and some choc.chips...also didnt have enough almonds in the house so used 1/2 chopped pecans. Were great so don't think it mattered. Only made 1/2 the recipe, next time I'll do the whole thing and freeze some. Thank you. I really enjoyed these! Robin
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi. I am a mom of 7 children and my husband and son both have celiac disease. We manage a web site called: www.birdshillenterprises that has a gluten free recipes and we also design and manufacture an empanada/turnover machine and pie and tart shell making equipment for baking businesses and home baking. Visit us at: www.birdshillenterprises.com