1/5 Photos of Scrambled Breakfast Hash
Chef Buggsy's Note:
This is a simple tasty dish my mom and I threw together in order to use up the tater-tot crowns left-over from dinner the night before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups tater tots (I used precooked crowns)
- 4 green onions, white and tops chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup grated colby cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1Place 1 Tbs. butter in a medium skillet and melt over med. heat.
- 2Add chopped green onion and garlic powder to butter and cook until onion is tender. Stir often to keep onion from burning.
- 3Once onion is softened, add the tater-tot crowns and cook until brown and crispy; turning occasionally. Crowns will start to break apart.
- 4While tater crowns are browning, add eggs to a large glass mixing bowl.
- 5Add the 2 Tbs. water to the eggs and scramble with a fork.
- 6In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbs. butter on medium heat.
- 7Pour the eggs into the large skillet and allow the bottom to start to set.
- 8Add salt and pepper to the egg and scramble.
- 9Cook eggs until they are nice and fluffy and set.
- 10Place a scoop of the tater-tot crown mixture on a plate and sprinkle with a little cheese, top the mixture with some of the fluffy eggs and another sprinkling of cheese.
- 11Top with sour cream, salsa or both if you so desire and enjoy!
- 12Note: When making scrambled eggs, you should never mix them with milk (unless your making French toast). Milk causes the eggs to weep and be less fluffy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Breakfast Hash
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.8
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 321.1 mg
- Sodium 330.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: