Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a simple tasty dish my mom and I threw together in order to use up the tater-tot crowns left-over from dinner the night before.
- Place 1 Tbs. butter in a medium skillet and melt over med. heat.
- Add chopped green onion and garlic powder to butter and cook until onion is tender. Stir often to keep onion from burning.
- Once onion is softened, add the tater-tot crowns and cook until brown and crispy; turning occasionally. Crowns will start to break apart.
- While tater crowns are browning, add eggs to a large glass mixing bowl.
- Add the 2 Tbs. water to the eggs and scramble with a fork.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 Tbs. butter on medium heat.
- Pour the eggs into the large skillet and allow the bottom to start to set.
- Add salt and pepper to the egg and scramble.
- Cook eggs until they are nice and fluffy and set.
- Place a scoop of the tater-tot crown mixture on a plate and sprinkle with a little cheese, top the mixture with some of the fluffy eggs and another sprinkling of cheese.
- Top with sour cream, salsa or both if you so desire and enjoy!
- Note: When making scrambled eggs, you should never mix them with milk (unless your making French toast). Milk causes the eggs to weep and be less fluffy.
Very tasty breakfast idea. I had never put water in my eggs before, and they turned out so light and fluffy. What a great tip! We wrapped our hash up in a tortilla and added diced tomato, onion, and salsa. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2009
This was good and easy to make. I made everything in one pan instead of topping the hash browns with the eggs mixture and we really enjoyed that. I followed the recipe as written other then I used a teaspoon of minced garlic and sharp cheddar cheese. I ate this plain but my son ate it in a tortilla.
I made this recipe on 4/10/12 for the " Spring PAC 2012 " and for my lunch.Since it was just for me the recipe was cut down accordingly. I used 2 eggs, 9 tater tots,just a shake or two of garlic powder,and just about 2 teaspoons of green onions. For the cheese,all I had was sharp cheddar. Other than those changes, the recipe was made as it was written. I really liked the idea of using tater tots as a " nice change of pace " from regular potatoes. The addition of green onions and garlic powder really gave the eggs a very good flavor. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "