Recipe by Elaniemay
A Sottish recipe that is a bit different than the others. Posted for ZWT6. I am guessing on the servings.
Top Review by Lalaloula
These scones have a fantastic flavour, very cheesy and yummy! The texture is more like a muffin, very soft. A great scone to spread with cream cheese.
I like how quick and easy these were to prepare and that the recipe uses ingredients I almost always have on hand.
However I had some trouble working with the dough. I made half the recipe and used less milk than stated, but still the dough was very wet and shaping required a lot of patience. I think next time Ill use even less milk and then these will be even easier to make. :)
THANK YOU for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Elaniemay!
- 250 g white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 40 g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 deciliter milk
- 100 g grated cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the cold butter in the flour.
- Add all other ingredients and knead until a nice dough is formed.
- Roll the dough out until it is 1 cm thick.
- Cut out circles, using a glass. Brush the top with some milk.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake 15 minutes at 180 degrees. Serve with butter.