Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Several years ago, just after I had gotten married, I faced my first holiday dinner with the new family. I was told to bring a dessert, among several other items. I decided I wanted to make a cake and happened onto a recipe for Baileys Cheesecake. My husband is a huge fan of Baileys so I had plenty on hand. I made it and it was a huge hit. Since then, I make it every major holiday. I got an earfull one Thanksgiving because I had missed it. LOL. I had a baby the day before and never got it made. That recipe has since been modified and changed to suit my family's preferances.
- 2 prepared 9-inch pie shells (Graham Cracker Cheesecake Crust Graham Cracker Cheesecake Crust is recommended)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup baileys irish cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- This recipe will make two 9 inch pies or one deep dish 9 inch pie.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/ 176°C.
- To make the filling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the eggs, Baileys, and vanilla until just blended.
- Beat the egg mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- Grate the chocolate finely or melt before adding to the cheese mixture.
- Divide the filling between the crust-lined pans.
- Bake until the edges of the filling are puffed and dry-looking and the center is just set, about 50-60 minutes but it does depend on your oven so keep an eye on it.
- To make the topping, mix the sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and Baileys in a small bowl.
- The mixture should be easily spreadable, not soupy but it shouldn't be too stiff either.
- If it's too runny, just add more powdered sugar to get the proper consistancy.
- Divide it between the cakes and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 6 hours.
- This may be prepared one day ahead and be sure to keep it well covered.
- Garnish however you wish.
- My favorite is to drizzle chocolate sauce over it.
- Keep it refrigerated and serve cold.