Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A posh version of an old favourite. Based on: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1191659/scotch-duck-eggs
- Drop the duck eggs into boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes, then rinse under cold water and leave in cold water for 10 minutes to cool completely. Peel.
- Strip the skins from the sausages, then mix with the sage and parsley and season well. Divide the mixture into 4, then flatten each into a circle on 4 pieces of cling film. This will make it easier to form around the eggs.
- Dust the peeled eggs with flour then sit each on the sausage meat. Use the cling film to mould the sausage meat around each egg, ensuring there are no gaps.
- Roll each egg in flour, then the beaten egg, then breadcrumbs. Repeat with the beaten egg and breadcrumbs. Chill until ready to cook.
- Heat groundnut oil, no more than 1/3 deep in a pan, to 180°C Cook the eggs for 5-6 minutes, turning a few times until golden and crisp. Serve with brown sauce or ketchup.