- Ready In:
- 504hrs 5mins
- Bath the raw eggs in a small bowl filled with rice wine.
- Coat each egg with a layer of sea salt and place them in a Ziploc bag and let stand in a cool place (not refrigerator) for about 3 weeks.
- Yolks should be a bright orange color and quite firm. The white should be slightly cloudy and still runny.
- Remove eggs from salt bath and store them in the refrigerator if not ready to use immediately.
- At this stage, they will still be raw and ready to add to other dishes. The whites will be really salty, but the yolk will be fatty and delicious. You can boil them and just eat them as a side dish, make a batter to fry seafood in, put the yolks in mooncake/jung. put the yolks in a steamed egg custard -- the possibilities are endless.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like food