1/4 Photos of Scone Recipe (C.w.a.)
I believe this is the recipe that the Country Womens Association used at the Royal Melbourne Show. Light and fluffy.this one is a no brainer! Served with cream and jam.......ooohhhhhhhh so very yummy! High Tea anyone?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and salt really well together.
- 2Add sufficient enough milk and cream gradually, to make a firm but not dry mixture (just enough milk to make a dough, which is easy to handle and not too sticky, without to much extra flour on the board).
- 3Roll the mixture one way lightly. Cut and place scone shapes on a cold tray and brush tops with a little milk or melted butter.
- 4Bake in an oven set at 220C for 8 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Australian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Australian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scone Recipe (C.w.a.)
Serving Size: 1 (1686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g