Recipe by loof
This is easy and flavorful comfort food!
Top Review by momaphet
I used a 1/4 lb piece of pork loin and reduced this to a serving for one ( I don't see how a full recipe would feed 6-8). This was simple to make, and the contrast between the rosemary and cider is nice, though a little sweeter then I prefer. If I made this again I would try using hard cider and maybe adding thyme and garlic for more flavor complexity . I served it over penne noodles. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless pork chop, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package spaetzle noodles
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Brown the pork on all sides.
- Add the onion and cook until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the flour over the meat/onions and mix to coat well.
- Add apple juice, carrots, and rosemary.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Cook spaetzle according to package directions and drain well.
- Serve meat and sauce over spaetzle.