Love comfort food? Tired of dry or tough hash brown casseroles? This one freezes well and is definitely good for any time at all. My sons consider it a staple and fight to get the most. From "The Best of Bridge" cookbooks
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns or 2 lbs potatoes, fresh, chopped and pre-cooked
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thaw frozen hash browns or pre-cook potatoes and chop into 3/8" cubes.
- Mix all but the parmesan with the potatoes.
- Transfer this mix to a presprayed 9X13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
- Bake at 350F for 60-90 minutes.
- This is moist, and very flavorful. Make the whole recipe, divide it into two pans and freeze one before cooking for a quick side later. Or, double or triple it for a pot luck or office size serving. Everyone will want the recipe, and more.