1/1 Photo of Schwartzies Hash Browns
1 hr 10 mins
Love comfort food? Tired of dry or tough hash brown casseroles? This one freezes well and is definitely good for any time at all. My sons consider it a staple and fight to get the most. From "The Best of Bridge" cookbooks
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns or 2 lbs potatoes, fresh, chopped and pre-cooked
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup onion, grated (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Thaw frozen hash browns or pre-cook potatoes and chop into 3/8" cubes.
- 3Mix all but the parmesan with the potatoes.
- 4Transfer this mix to a presprayed 9X13 inch baking dish.
- 5Sprinkle the parmesan over the top.
- 6Bake at 350F for 60-90 minutes.
- 7This is moist, and very flavorful. Make the whole recipe, divide it into two pans and freeze one before cooking for a quick side later. Or, double or triple it for a pot luck or office size serving. Everyone will want the recipe, and more.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schwartzies Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.8
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.5 mg
- Sodium 1245.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.5 g