Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Place these homemade rocks in a bowl or dish to scent your room. This is a nice alternative to potpourri! Recipe from www.make-stuff.com I dusted my scented rocks with some cocoa powder and they look so tempting now, you would believe that they are some edible coloured cookies. This will be nice fun to have around on April Fools Day!
Top Review by vintagenovelty
I'm not going to rate this, cause it was probably my own fault. My rocks never dried, though I turned them twice a day to prevent any sticking from occurring. And now the smell's all gone, so I'm left with balls of flour): Ah wells, I'll try this again!
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon essential oil (use your favourite)
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- food coloring, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add essential oil and boiling water to the dry ingredients. I used 100% pure eucalyptus essential oil.
- You will notice that the scent will be strong when you make this, but will fade away slightly when dry.
- For coloured stones, blend in food colouring, one drop at a time, until the desired shade is reached. I used 10 drops of rose pink food colouring and 10 drops of green food colouring. Before using these food colours, I divided the flour-salt and water dough into 3 parts. To one part I added rose pink colour, to the next I added green colour and the last was a blend of these 2 colours. It looked very impressive!
- Blend the ingredients together for each of the 3 parts.
- Form balls into different shapes and sizes to look like stones and/or logs. Lightly dust with cocoa powder, if desired.
- Allow stones to dry. This takes 3 days minimum and you have to keep turning them from time to time in the day and keep them under a fan if possible, to let them dry sooner and better. Remember that the longer you keep them to dry, the stronger they become! If you have some of your Easter egg toys like bunny rabbits or small teddy bears or small men or dolls, then you can make these sit on the scented stones and logs. They look Oh so cute, you will just make people drop their jaws in admiration!
- There you have some lovely scented rocks ready with little men, bunnies and dolls on 'em.
- Pack them very carefully into cute little gift bags and give away as gifts!