- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 2 apples (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 small oranges (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 3 limes (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 lemons (sliced to just under 1/4-inch)
- 2 cups cranberries
- handful bay leaf
- 4 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Dry apple, orange, lime, and lemon slices.
- I put them on a cookie cooling rack, then on a baking sheet and place in oven. Bake at 170 F for about 5-7 hours, until apples are still pliable but not mushy, and there is no liquid left in citrus fruit.
- Dry cranberries by covering a baking sheet with parchment paper and putting cranberries in single layer.
- Dry @ 170°F These take about 8 hours.
- As fruit is done, take out and place in a large bowl.
- Add all the spices.
- Toss with vanilla extract and allow to dry overnight.
- Place in container or bags to give away.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
hi! My name is Jacqui and I live in Ontario, Canada. I am a recent Canadian, moving here from the States... Nebraska originally. I'm married to a wonderful man. My passions? Cooking... recipes... anything to do with food! I read cookbooks like novels... am I the only one who does that? I've read the cookbooks I have many times, not only when I'm looking for a recipe.. but just to get ideas! I have been coming to recipezaar now for over a year... maybe close to two... and have finally joined as premium membership. I am here at least five times a week.. so it's about time!