Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Gluten Free recipe from Raman Prasad's 'Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.' We found it a bit too salty so I have cut back on the salt significantly.
- Heat oven to 190 C (375 F). Grease baking tray.
- Blend all ingredients (except the extra 2 tbsp of cheese) with a hand held blender.
- Spread out on a greased baking tray.
- Top with the extra 2 tbsp of grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake until the edge browns, about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and chop into squares.
We are new to the SCD diet and found this filled the void left by eliminating store bought breads. It is very good, great side dish with lunch or dinner and excellent dipped in olive oil with herbs. This will definitely become a staple for us but with less salt, the first batch was too salty perhaps bc I used kosher salt?? I may try to use a larger baking pan next time to achieve a thinner bread. Also, I have found that buying almond flour on line is the way to go due to high costs at local stores. Overall, excellent dish!