Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This slaw stays crisp because the vegetables are sliced, not grated. You will be carried away with the buttermilk/caraway combination dressing. Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook. Cook time is chill time.
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced fennel
- 709.77 ml thinly sliced green cabbage
- 709.77 ml red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 709.77 ml apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml celery, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil (suggest light olive oil)
- 9.85 ml ground caraway seeds
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- Place fennel, green and red cabbage, apples, and celery in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, caraway, buttermilk, sugar, and vinegar.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss thoroughly.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour. Add salt to taste just before serving. Enjoy!