Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This slaw stays crisp because the vegetables are sliced, not grated. You will be carried away with the buttermilk/caraway combination dressing. Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook. Cook time is chill time.
- 354.88 ml thinly sliced fennel
- 709.77 ml thinly sliced green cabbage
- 709.77 ml red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 709.77 ml apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml celery, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil (suggest light olive oil)
- 9.85 ml ground caraway seeds
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml cider vinegar
- Place fennel, green and red cabbage, apples, and celery in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, caraway, buttermilk, sugar, and vinegar.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss thoroughly.
- Cover and chill for about 1 hour. Add salt to taste just before serving. Enjoy!
Excellent! It was perfect for a late morning brunch with the neighbors. I love the dressing and the combination of apple & fennel is fantastic. This one is going in my favorites list right away! Thanks for posting another great recipe. Made for team Gourmet Goddesses, ZWT9
Excellent! The fennel and apple make a world of difference to a traditional slaw. The dressing is just plain yummy. I will be making this one a lot.
What a great change of pace of cole slaw. The fennel makes a real and welcome difference. It's fresh, crisp and just plain yummy. The dressing would be very good on cooked veggies too. Made for ZWT 9