Texas Two-Step Ranch Dressing Cole Slaw
photo by Pam-I-Am
- Ready In:
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup mexicorn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and cumin.
- Pour over the coleslaw and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is such a great tasting and unique slaw. I really love the lime juice mixed in with the ranch dressing. It was crunchy, creamy, tangy and a little spicy, yum! However, there is no way that this would feed 8 people. I measured out 3 cups of slaw mix as recipe states and saw that it would not be enough. So I simply doubled the slaw mix, doubled the mexicorn and left the rest as stated. Even with that, there was plenty of dressing to cover the slaw. I think it would serve 8 small servings with my adjustments.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a mom to 4 wonderful kiddos and wife to a dedicated Airforce service member. I am a nurse in addition to playing mom and wife. We live in this beautiful state of Alaska and love to fill our home with new and tasty dishes! I also am a collector of cookbooks and cooking magazines. One of my fave magazines is Simple and Delicious from Taste of Home.</p>