1 hr 30 mins
This slaw stays crisp because the vegetables are sliced, not grated. You will be carried away with the buttermilk/caraway combination dressing. Adapted from Moosewood Restaurant New Classics cookbook. Cook time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (suggest light olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons ground caraway seeds
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1Place fennel, green and red cabbage, apples, and celery in a bowl.
- 2In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, caraway, buttermilk, sugar, and vinegar.
- 3Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss thoroughly.
- 4Cover and chill for about 1 hour. Add salt to taste just before serving. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Fennel, Apple Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 112.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g