Recipe by Shelby Jo
From Light & Tasty Aug/Sept. 2007. Originally submiteed by Laure LaClair of North Richland Hills, Texas.
Top Review by TexasKelly
Hubby & I thought this was good. I followed the directions exactly and did not sub anything, only I did add some thinly sliced shallot, and then I tossed everything with a small amount of cooked linguine. I used fresh mozarella, which was good for cooling down the heat of the chipotle, which I used a whole chili, as we like things very hot. All in all, this will go into my file of keepers, and we will definately make this again. Thanks for posting.
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 lime slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, peppers, and garlic in oil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in the shrimp, wine or broth, cilantro, lime juice, butter and salt.
- Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with lime slices if desired.