Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wanting a light main dish using my favorite scallops, I tried this recipe from a friend and was I WOWed! She later shared it came from a WW cookbook - 6 points.
- 4 oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 -6 cups fresh mesclun (salad greens)
- Using 2 oranges, remove 5 (3-inch) strips of orange zest. Reserve 2 of the longest strips possible.
- Remove peel & pith from oranges. With small knife, remove the sections over a bowl.
- Pat scallops dry on paper towels, set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add rosemary and 3 strips of orange zest, cook, stirring frequently (about 1 minute).
- Add one-third of the scallops (approx. 8) and cook, turning with tongs, until golden brown (approx. 2 minute on each side).
- Remove from heat & place in bowl.
- Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook till softened, about 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; add half the orange sections, any liquid from the cooked scallops, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Discard rosemary & orange zest.
- Return scallops to skillet and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange the salad greens on 4 plates and top with remaining orange sections.
- Spoon scallops & sauce over the top of the orange/salad.
- Garnish with reserved orange zest and fresh rosemary sprigs.