Wanting a light main dish using my favorite scallops, I tried this recipe from a friend and was I WOWed! She later shared it came from a WW cookbook - 6 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using 2 oranges, remove 5 (3-inch) strips of orange zest. Reserve 2 of the longest strips possible.
- 2Remove peel & pith from oranges. With small knife, remove the sections over a bowl.
- 3Pat scallops dry on paper towels, set aside.
- 4Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add rosemary and 3 strips of orange zest, cook, stirring frequently (about 1 minute).
- 6Add one-third of the scallops (approx. 8) and cook, turning with tongs, until golden brown (approx. 2 minute on each side).
- 7Remove from heat & place in bowl.
- 8Repeat with remaining scallops.
- 9Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook till softened, about 2 minutes.
- 10Increase heat to high; add half the orange sections, any liquid from the cooked scallops, vinegar, salt & pepper.
- 11Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 12Discard rosemary & orange zest.
- 13Return scallops to skillet and heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- 14Arrange the salad greens on 4 plates and top with remaining orange sections.
- 15Spoon scallops & sauce over the top of the orange/salad.
- 16Garnish with reserved orange zest and fresh rosemary sprigs.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops With Oranges & Rosemary
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 420.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: