Recipe by pesce_gurl
This is super easy and really good. This was one of the first dishes I started making when I moved out on my own and it's still one of my favorites. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
Top Review by Rätsel Feinschmecker
I followed the above suggestion and added some garlic, I also used 1/2 cup of the juices from the thawed scallops to mix in with the water. Delicious recipe, and not very expensive at all. Will definitely make this one again and tinker around with it.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopegolden onion soup mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup light cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium skillet, melt butter and cook red pepper over medium heat until crisp-tender.
- Stir in uncooked rice, then golden onion soup mix thoroughly blended with water and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook covered 5 minutes or until scallops are tender.
- Serve, if desired, with freshly gound pepper.