Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from the cookbook that came with my KitchenAid mixer. The introduction states, "Fresh scallops and mushrooms simmered in a light but spicy tomato sauce," and "When selecting scallops, choose ones that are translucent and shiny in appearance and have a sweetish aroma." Serve with hot cooked rice or a loaf of crusty bread.
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, seeded, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb scallops (bay or sea)
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- Slice mushrooms and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes.
- In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add scallops and saute 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook another minute.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, red wine, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Incredibly simple and foolproof. The ingredients are common; the prep is simple. The taste is quite sophisticated Don't hesitate serving this to your family or guests. My wife and I loved it. We paired this with a malbec from Argentina for a great meal.
I love scallops, and this light-tasting sauce really lets the flavor of the scallops shine. I made exactly per the directions, and served over angel hair pasta. Very enjoyable dish.
This was a wonderful dish. Not only did it taste good, but it made my kitchen smell delectable. I will make it again and again. You can use any type fish or even chicken. I loved it.