Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from truestarhealth.com; suggests serving with rice, pasta or couscous and a green salad. We had it with spaghettini and it was very yummy. Was a bit of an adjustment from garlic and butter, but I ended up really enjoying this one!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, minced
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skille over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; saute 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add scallops; saute 30 seconds.
- Add white wine; cover and cook 2-3 minutes until scallops turn opaque.
- Remove scallops from pan with a slotted spoor, reserving wine mixture in pan.
- Add lemon juice, hot sauce, salt and pepper to wine mixture, simmer for 2 minutes, until sauce is reduced to about 1/2.
- Return scallops to sauce and cook just until heated through.